28.11.09

Turning 24

I turned 24 two weeks ago. Long time friends would know that I don't celebrate birthdays the extravagant way (that explains the lackof happy birthday photos, oops). I met two of my best friends for dinner and hung around town and caught a blockbuster movie and then went home. Simple and sweet.

My friends don't sing any birthday songs for me, because I'd feel awkward and don't know what to do during that few minutes of awkwardness (Do I clap along? Do I smile proudly?). Also, I don't think I've accomplished so much that it calls for a celebration.

This past year: I landed in my dream job and started work right after army. I visited HMV and Kinokuniya more regularly; I bought more CDs and half-read far too many books and magazines; My interest in fashion grew. I switched to a new brand of perfume because I thought I should smell more mature with age, but only to realise I like my old one better still. I started playing with cameras more. I visited Kaohsiung and Taipei and Bangkok, but not Tokyo or Oslo or Paris.

p.s. I received a wooden clock, an iPod Classic (160GB!!!) and a Golden Half as presents. Thank you guys!

2 comments:

wallfleur_mama said...

Very, very late. But what the heck. Happy 24th!

L said...

Thanks!! :)

Archive